skip to Main Content

What must employers of minijobbers from abroad bare in mind?

  • Updated:
  • Gayane Varderesyan

What the blog is about

  • How you as an employer can determine which social security system to apply
  • Social security law at a glance
  • Overview of compulsory health and pension insurance

Which questions must be answered first?

For employees from other EU countries, the European Economic Area or Switzerland

  1. Is the German or foreign law applicable?
  2. Is there a requirement for residence permit in Germany?

Employees from third countries

In this case, German social security law applies, regardless of whether employment is performed abroad. Persons from third countries require a work permit in order to work in Germany.

Overview of the applicable social security systems

Overview of compulsory health and pension insurance